- you’ll spend hours just staring at him, in complete awe of every move and noise he makes
- he’ll change so quickly – savour every moment
- sleep when he sleeps
- be comfortable when you’re nursing him
- he’ll want to nurse every 2 – 3 hours (and sometimes more often)
- you’ll forget about the pain of chidbirth
- he will change your life forever
- everything takes longer to do with a child
- you’ll leak when he cries
- nothing else will matter when you look at him
Nicholas has been with us for over 6 weeks already and I’m only just now beginning to feel as though I’m coming out of “the fog”. My body is adapting to his eat/sleep schedule, except that I often find myself waking up for the 4am feed and not able to go back to sleep again. Luckily, this is a great time to read/write blogs and email, get some work done, and have some “alone” time.
I’m so blessed to have this little boy in my life and hope that I never take him for granted. I’m also blessed to have such a loving, nurturing husband. Thank you, both, for being a part of my life – I am honoured and priviliged to share this time with you.