I’ve been struggling to blog recently because I’m just so tired at the end of the day! I really didn’t learn in the first 10 months just how much work it was going to be looking after him on my own – I always had Patrick around to share the responsibility. At times, I feel so incompetent because I just can’t seem to get everything accomplished. Another mum I was talking to mentioned that she sets herself a goal of only 2 tasks per day (washing dishes, laundry, etc) because she knows that’s the most she will realistically get done – anything else is a bonus at that point. Trying to work part-time on top of caring for him has definitely proven to be harder than I expected, but it has to be done. So, thank goodness for child-swapping with Petra!
His sleeping is back into his regular pattern – down to bed between 8 and 9, up between 11 and 12 for a top-up, and back to sleep until 6 or 7-ish. Every night is slightly different, but that’s the general pattern, for the most part.
I can’t remember if I’ve posted this before, but he LOVES being on the swings – the higher we push him, the happier he is! Here’s a cute video of him on the swings with Nana pushing him.
He’s done some really neat things recently that I want to be sure to record:
- waving hello and goodbye – not 100% consistent, but enough that we feel he really understands what he’s doing
- getting super excited when people he recognizes walk into the room
- for the most part, he’s eating the same meals that we eat (in smaller pieces)
- the other day, we caught him standing unsupported for about 5 seconds before he realized what he was doing and grabbed onto the couch
- when he’s eating and wants some more, he’s saying “maaaa”, which we are interpreting to mean “mas” (Spanish for more) – I could be stretching on this one, but that’s my job!
- and today, he did this, out of the blue with no warning ….